Thursday, June 3, 2010

Six Pack Summer!

.....Ok. So maybe I'm not gonna have a SIX pack set of abs any time soon, but I *am* getting my core into shape! Tuesday night at Stanford was a good butt (or stomach!) kicking as the case may be ;-) We did almost 2 hours of 'ground' work---pushups, situps, crunches, lunges, and then for dessert, we did some sprinting!!! It was actually really fun! Everyone I have met (coaches, mentors, fellow participants) through TNT has been so outgoing and friendly--I am really enjoying it. At the end of the night, one of the girls who has been working out for us (and is currently training for a half marathon in Kauai!) gave a little presentation about her cancer story. Her name is Jennifer and she is currently 19 years old. She was diagnosed as an 18 year old college freshman with Hodgkins Lymphoma....in her case, it was extremely curable and she has been in recovery for the past 6 months! She is just one of the many reasons I am 'racing for a cure' :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment