Wednesday, June 9, 2010

8 inches in 18 weeks...

SO, my newest 'goal' is to not only run (or jog, doing what I call the 'marathon shuffle') the entire 26.2 miles, but the morning after the run is over, I want to cut my hair, and donate it to "Beautiful Lengths"...a partnership between Pantene and a wig maker, that takes donated hair and makes wigs for women and children with cancer. In my life I have had many family members and friends who have battled cancer...along the way, they purchased wigs to wear, making them feel better about themselves, and I can only guess, probably helping to remember what life before cancer was like...Donating my hair is only a *small* way I can give back :-)

The ironic part is that in order to donate your hair, your hair needs to be as healthy as possible. IE: no bleaching, dying etc. The last time my hair was 'naked' without bleach or dye was when I was about 13 years old!!!! I guess this summer is going to be about challenges all around--training for a marathon AND refraining from giving in and going to see my hair dresser, when my roots start to show!!! Thank goodness I've got a bunch of Nike running hats to keep my 'in transition' tresses covered up ;-)

I'll need to have at least 8 inches to donate...I've got about 18 weeks or so to make sure I get to that length...

No comments:

Post a Comment