Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A love/hate relationship with Tuesday nights...


I woke up this morning kind of groaning to myself, and thinking---oh geez. It's TUESDAYYYYYY. Which of course means, another good butt kicking at the Stanford track...I am not gonna lie, this evening when it was time to make my little peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner (I usually eat one before track and then *scarf!* one down in the car on the way home from track) I was NOT feeling it. I was tired and had a long day with the kiddos, but knew if that putting the shoes on was half the battle, and if I could just get dressed, drive the 2.5 miles out to the track; I would feel so much better when I got there...Low and behold...It worked! There is just something about the energy you feel when you are with Team in Training people...The coaches, the mentors, the honorees...Everyone is very outgoing, friendly and uber supportive. We spent some time doing the same types of core workouts...situps, pushups, planks, back bridges, jumping jacks, lunges, etc. Then we sprinkled in a few "pick up" laps around the track...Which basically means you sprint (or close to it) the straight aways, and jog the corners...Which I was told tonight is not only good to help you become faster on the longer runs, but is also a good way to jump start weight loss---woohoo! I KNEW there was a reason I liked Tuesday nights!!!...................oh wait, now I *like* Tuesdays???....Actually, it's pretty funny that track nights are going to be on Tuesdays the entire summer...Tuesday nights and I have had a pretty good relationship since January, when my sorority sister and friend, Stephanie Anderson was a contestant on The Biggest Loser. I started watching her show, which airs on Tuesday nights and said to myself, if SHE can do it (start working out and changing her life for the better!) WHY can't I? So, Shawn and I joined the YMCA in early January, and that's when this whole "Maybe someday I will run a marathon" notion snuck into my head ;-)

Here is a picture of Me and Jennifer--She is one of our honorees, which means she is a cancer survivor! She was diagnosed last year as an 18 year college freshman...She was treated at Stanford Children's Hospital, and is now in remission! She is actually training with us for the Kauai Half Marathon! She is AWESOME! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment