Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Tuesday Track Workouts=A good A$$ kicking!!!!

Sooooo, Tuesday nights are now officially going to be referred to as BUTT KICKING NIGHT!!!! Phew! I still can't believe I survived last night's track workout!!! Every Tuesday we will be meeting as a team, with our coaches at the Stanford University track. I have been told that track workouts are a bit of a cross between boot camp workouts and having a personal trainer yelling in your ear ;-) Well, I can now officially report that both are TRUE! We started at the track (about 50 or 60 of us) by jogging 2 laps (.5 mile) and then we got down to business. We lined up at the end of the track (after a good stretching workout) and the coaches said "Ok. Now we want you to do lunges--all the way down both of the 'straight aways' and jog the corners". I about died. My butt was killing me. My calves were killing me...Everything was killing me!! And that was only the first lap!!! We proceeded like this for 1.5 more hours! We did everything from 'skipping' an entire lap, to side ways shuffles, walking on our toes and 'high knees' around the track. I was a sweaty mess, but boy did it feel like I was doing something so good for myself!!! At the end of the workout, we gathered together for announcements...that's when one of the coaches pointed out that one of the gals who had been working out with us, is an actual 'honoree'...which means she is either fighting or has fought blood cancer recently. She was totally out there kicking butt with us and none of us even knew she was a cancer patient! What an inspiration! She will be sharing her story with us next week after track, and I am really looking forward to it :-)
Until then, more gym time for me today (can't wait for Friday when I get a 'rest' day! woohoo!)
Health and Happiness,
Jannie
PS. Here I am getting ready to leave for my first track workout....I went out and bought 'shiny slippery pants' (ha!) to wear for the occasion--and boy were they comfortable! I almost *look* like a runner now, huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment