Thursday, May 20, 2010

Woohoo!! Let the season begin!

So, I *just* got back from the Silicon Valley's Summer 2010 season kickoff event--and let me tell you---I feel a little like I could go run a marathon right now-they really pumped us up at this meeting!! (Ok, probably not!--but still) I am very, very, very excited for the season to begin; in case you can't tell by the fact that I *already* have my official shirt on in this pic! hahaha! My journey will begin Saturday morning with a 4 mile run! Tonight I also met my mentor (a past TNT participant who will be guiding me through everything this summer) and not only is she the sweetest girl, but it turns out we went to HS together! She is two years behind me, but her brother was in my class and played football when I was a cheerleader! Small world!! At any rate, the above picture is my friend Katie and I...Another friend from HS! She did Team in Training last summer and completed the Nike's marathon last fall! Her amazing experience is one of the reasons I wanted to join TNT this year--and I am one of the reasons she decided to do it again this year! I am looking forward to meeting lots of new people (BTW, EVERYONE I've met at these events is UBER friendly and outgoing!) and of course, getting my butt kicked and hopefully into some decent shape--all while raising money for an AWESOME cause...One of the first things we did tonight was watch a video about a child and his journey surviving Leukemia. Let me tell you there was not a dry eye in the house....I am so thankful for this opportunity and for the healthy children in my life.

Health and Happiness!
~Jannie

No comments:

Post a Comment