Monday, August 2, 2010

Double.Digits



Two weeks ago I hit a huge milestone. I ran my first EVER double digit run! It was a nice, cool morning, foggy, and we ran along the ocean in Half Moon Bay, so it was a gorgeous run. I finished in a little over 2 hours, which is right where I want to be, time wise. The last mile or so, I got pretty emotional and definitely teared up, as I realized how much I had just accomplished. Never in my life did I think I would be able to run that far...I also thought alot about our honorees and their familes and how much they have endured to be where they are today. It was an awesome day, to say the least. After the run, I participated in a "Half Moon Bay Run" tradition, and jumped into the (freezing!) ocean. The coaches and mentors have really hammered it into us that taking ice baths after long runs helps get your muscles back into action quicker and also helps to dull the aches and pains...So, this dip in the Pacific acted as such. Fun!!!! Above are pictures of me in the water/ice bath and also with my 'mentor' and HS friend Maria, after the race. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment